After going through the features of hydroelectricity, an instant appearance regarding limitations and issues related to it helps in providing a wider point of view of the real effect. Altering earth’s natural procedures, always incurs some costs. We first pay (in monetary terms) for infrastructure etc. then spend the intangible cost of disrupting certain natural systems. Let’s see how.
Drawbacks of Hydroelectric Energy1) it may be produced just in areas with hefty rain and sufficient availability of water.
2) Hydel energy generation channels can be positioned in hilly mountainous terrains in which waterfalls and perfect web sites for dams can be found. In a region/country without hills hydel energy generation just isn't possible.
3) reduction during transmission is extremely high, occasionally to 30%.
4) Dams are expensive to construct.
5) Building a dam impacts the environmental surroundings and wildlife of adjoining areas. Nearby low-lying areas are often underneath the risk of floods.
6) Building of dam causes significant pollution.
7) If rains tend to be scarce, there may never be sufficient water to turn turbines.