|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET
|1. Once a dam is constructed, electricity can be created at a continuing price.
2 If electrical energy is not required, the sluice gates could be closed, stopping electricity generation. The water are saved for use another time whenever electrical energy need is large.
3. Dams are made to last numerous decades and thus can donate to the generation of electricity for several years / decades.
4. The pond that types behind the dam may be used for water sports and leisure / enjoyment activities. Usually big dams come to be attractions in their own personal right.
5. The pond's water-can be properly used for irrigation reasons.
6. The establish of water within the pond ensures that power could be stored until needed, once the liquid is circulated to produce electrical energy.
7. When used, electricity from dam methods try not to produce green-house gases. They don't pollute the atmosphere.
1. Dams are incredibly pricey to create and needs to be developed to a tremendously large standard.
8. Building a sizable dam alters the all-natural water table amount. For example, the building of the Aswan Dam in Egypt has actually changed the amount of water table. This might be slowly causing damage of numerous of their old monuments as salts and destructive nutrients are deposited into the stone work from ‘rising damp’ brought on by the altering water table level.