By reviewing these useful tips, you maximize your odds of appreciating Fallingwater since it was supposed to be enjoyed…with a sense of peace, harmony and serenity. We look ahead to seeing you soon!
Advance tickets or reservations are necessary for several tours at Fallingwater. This guarantees you a tour although, during times during the hefty visitation, you may still have a brief wait upon arrival. While we book our tours for every half-hour, the trips may turn as often as every six moments. Once you've arrived, we'll put you in the 1st readily available trip in your time slot.
On The Day of Check Out
- Allow plenty of time on-site for a stroll all over wonderful reasons around Fallingwater and experiencing our Visitor Center where you will see our museum shop and cafe. We recommend that you intend to stick to us for at the very least a couple of hours.
- Anticipate significant walking. Kindly put on comfortable hiking shoes!
- Provider animals are thank you for visiting join you on trip and on the causes around the house.
- For the protection and convenience of visitors, young ones must be at the least six-years-old to accompany you on a Guided House Tour of Fallingwater at minimum nine years old to come with you on any of our unique tours. Kiddies under six-years-old, including young children and infants, are not permitted on tour. To learn more, please see our households with Children page.
- Keep in mind that there are no public restrooms inside Fallingwater it self. Kindly utilize the restrooms at our Visitor Center before starting your tour.
- Come prepared when it comes to weather. Over fifty percent regarding the trip is carried out external, and hill temperatures are generally about ten degrees cooler than those in Pittsburgh.
- Summer time tours tend to be more comfortable when you look at the cooler, day.
- Just little wallets and handheld digital cameras are allowed on trip. Please leave all larger purses, backpacks, camera bags, cameras alongside difficult items in cars. Fallingwater’s rooms are available so that you can walk through along with your guide. But the hallways and entrances tend to be narrow. To guard your house, our staff reserves the right to check always any over-sized items in front door.
- Fallingwater is a carry-in/carry–out center. To motivate recycling and minimize odor from waste, we ask which you take your rubbish to you.
- Animals are perhaps not allowed in Fallingwater, at the Visitor Center or regarding grounds around the house. Although we suggest you never leave pets inside vehicle, be sure to use caution if you decide to do so. Our parking area has actually limited shade and we also cannot guarantee a shaded parking area. When walking your animals into the parking area places, please make sure you utilize a leash and stay polite of other visitors by clearing up after your furry friend. Pet lodging and daycare can be obtained from a few area services in Farmington and Stahlstown.
- We realize that many Fallingwater visitors has availability issues. We have been constantly working to result in the visit comfortable for everybody. If you haven’t seen united states prior to, look at our ease of access information for some tips to help you create your check out more enjoyable.
Edgar J. Kaufmann jr wished people to Fallingwater to have the full experience that Wright developed inside the spaces of the house.
This is exactly why you don’t view Fallingwater by searching through doorways into roped down places but step into each area of the house just as a guest associated with the Kaufmann household may have. This creates a really special knowledge obtainable, visitors, while on top of that creates some challenges for people in protecting the house and its particular selections.
Therefore, it is important that you use your best museum ways while checking out around. This essentially indicates making use of your best common sense while you’re at Fallingwater and showing similar courtesy and respect while checking out with us as you want friends to exhibit while checking out your property.
Specifically we ask you:
- Keep purses, camera bags, backpacks as well as other difficult products in your car.
- Stick to your guide during trip.
- Follow the photography directions positioned above.
- Do not deal with the museum collections, touch the woodwork and furnishings or sit on the furnishings.
- Be respectful of others within trip team by perhaps not chatting although the guide is speaking.
- Switch off cellular phones also electronic devices.
- Follow every other instructions your guide or other Fallingwater staff may present during you go to.
- Stroll only on designated pathways.
- Stay from the stream and waterfall.