- lengthy, low, obvious Tupperware container
- tiny rocks (like tank gravel)
- popsicle sticks
- bucket saturated in liquid
- Fill the Tupperware container with sand.
- Dig the path of a lake within the sand.
- Select a spot someplace along the river to construct your dam.
- Utilize popsicle sticks and little rocks to make a dam that will let just a little bit of liquid come through, although not too much. Take into account that the much deeper the water, the greater the water stress. Therefore, the bottom of your dam will need to help more stress than the top of the dam. In the event that you built your dam in a triangular shape, then your bottom may be broader and will also be able to support more pressure.
- Test your dam by pouring liquid from a container along the river path.
when I attempted to build a dame during the summer we tested if it might work by putting our dog Fate about it and it also brok! therefore we tried again but now we utilized dirt to keep it together and voila it would not break! so today I know that in the event that you put mud on a dam it wont break!
Joshua, age 6 of Bellevue, WA composed:
need:1brick rocks dirt leaves. make:put stone at the center, than stones, than leavas. secret:need sticks, use mud for glue!
Ruchi, age 13 of Muzaffarpur, India penned:
It really is awsome. I love for making this dam and I also enjoy it
Mikayla, age 9 of Hamilton, ON typed:
When I achieved it worked like a proper dam. everyone in my course thout it had been cool.
Jake, age 14 of Erie, PA had written:
Water surely could hold-up towards the top for more than 2 moments, then it drenched into bottom.
it couldn't work on initially however added more logs to after that it it worked.
Keaton, age 9 of Formosa, ON typed:
You are able to bild dams like i actually do on a regular basis yourself without using any popsicul sticks. 1. dig a-deep opening. 2. Bild up a walls around it. 3. Dig a litle trenge on nerest drain. 4. If you much more water at a time you will be just like the liquid hydro compenes and bild another dam up ahead or dig really small trenches into the very first dam you bilt. 5. Ad a pipe at the dam. Tip: include sticks in your dam for it become stronger.
Colton, age 13 of Indianapolis, IN had written:
no water went through.
Tyler, age 9 of Gretna, NE had written:
most of the water ended and also the stones I utilized ended it and even some dirt!
Vicky, age 11 of Hamilton blogged:
it didn't work.
Madison, age 10 of Stockton, IA published:
Once I built my dam it worked thans a whole lot!!!
Gabby, age 13 of Urbana, OH blogged:
i thought that activity was asome.
Shantell, age 9 of Alola, OR wrote:
Once I bilut a dam and pord a lot of liquid and it broke. Wuy made it happen brake?
Gertrude, age 6 of Universal City published:
This isn't Much Assistance! >:( It Don't Work!:P
Ramon, age 10 of El Paso published:
The water did not pass threu.
Burgundy, age 9 of Mesquite, NV blogged:
it remained togater for a minuite or two
Sarah, age 10 of Maui, Hello wrote:
Whenever I did my beaver dam it had been a tragedy! It took hours to do it precisely and it still didn't work but you men did awesome!
Sam, age 13 of Alabama, AL composed: